Tuesday, February 25, 2014

C4K February Summary

In this wonderful month of February, I was given four wonderful kids to evaluate.
 

 
             My C4K post #1 was to a girl named Jenna M. from Nebraska. That week, the Winter Olympics were going on, so she wrote a dissertation about Gracie Gold, an ice skater for the United States. She wrote in her blog where she is from, how old she is, when she was born, and other fun facts about her, like the fact she started skating when she was two years old and that she has a fraternal twin named Carly. She also gave some information about the Olympics themselves, like where it was taking place and the extreme ticket prices!
            My comment to her was this: "Hello Jenna! My name is Kaitlyn Wyman, and I'm from Mobile, Alabama, and I am studying to become a teacher. I came across your blog, and I can just tell you are excited about the Winter Olympics! The tickets are very expensive. You are right about that! Thank goodness for televisions so we could simply watch it from home! I liked that you gave some interesting information about Gracie Gold. She is an excellent example of a hard-working, high achieving, and successful woman. The most astonishing thing, I felt, is that she is only eighteen years old! I can see how that can be an inspiration to girls of all ages. Thank you for sharing some fantastic facts about the Winter Olympics and one of its biggest stars!"
 
       
         My C4K post #2 was to a young girl named Brooklynn from Canada! In her blog, she told the story of Hana, an ordinary girl from the Holocaust whose suitcase was found after the Nazi takeover and preserved in a museum. Then, a woman who worked in the museum where it was held, Fujiko Ishioka, took it upon herself to try to find family members of Hana so that she could return the suitcase to them. She eventually found Hana's brother George, and she sent a letter to him asking if she could meet with him. That's where her blog post ended. I didn't know whether Ishioka ever got in touch with George! 
         So my comment to little Brooklynn was: "Hello Brooklynn! I am Kaitlyn, and I'm from Mobile, Alabama! I love learning about the Holocaust. Your blog post really interested me. I think it was quite unique that the museum in Tokyo, Japan had the suitcases of one of the victims of the Holocaust, Hana Brady. Indeed, she was no ordinary girl, because Fujiko Ishioka, a worker at the Holocaust museum, searched high and low for her to get the suitcase back to her personally. I wonder, though, if she ever got around to talking to her brother, George Brady. I know she sent a letter, but did he ever reply back to her? Either way, your post was very interesting! Thank you for sharing."
 
       
 
       My C4K post #3 was to Jenna M. of Nebraska again! It was great revisiting her blog. She wrote about birthstones and which one she has! She then asked which birthstone I had and what month I was born in. She also explained that they made tellegamis, but I sincerely wished that she explained how to make them. So in my comment, I told her that my birthstone was Opal just like hers, since we were both born in October, and that I told her that I would love to know how to make tellegamis one day!
 
      
 
          Last but not least, my C4K post #4 was to a girl named Kristen. In her post, she wrote about how she was reading the Hunger Games and that her class was assigned to determine the theme of the book. She made a PowerPoint of her research and posted it to her blog. I was very impressed with her. She pointed out that the theme of the Hunger Games was how a tragedy can turn into a success in a book.
        My comment to Kristen was: "Hi Kristen! My name is Kaitlyn Wyman, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama! I am studying to become a teacher, and my professor assigned you to be my school student that I comment on each week. I would first like to say that I liked your book report on a PowerPoint! I love the Hunger Games too, and I loved how the tragedy of Katniss volunteering as tribute to save her sister turned out to be a complete success! Keep up the good work!"
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn, it was very interesting to hear what the children had to say! Also, your commenting sounds very professional! Keep up the good work Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete