Monday, April 21, 2014

C4K April Summary

In this lovely month of April, I was given two children to evaluate and comment on! This is my last C4K for the year, and I really enjoyed getting to visit children's blogs from around the world.



Kowhai Tree              For my C4K #9, my child who I got to comment on was Sohel of the Pt England School in New Zealand! In his blog post, he inserted a Google Slide show about New Zealand's native tree called the Kowhai. He provided a picture description of the tree, it's binomial nomenclature, and the places where the tree grows in New Zealand. Sohel is a very intelligent kid who was very optimistic about sharing information about the tree on the Google Slides. I think it is highly impressive that children that age are using Google devices and blog posts to present their projects.


              My comment to Sohel was: "Hello Sohel, my name is Kaitlyn Wyman and I live in Mobile, Alabama! I am a student of EDM310, which is a class that allows me to comment on and read blogs from kids all around the world, like you! I also do so many other interesting things. I wanted to point out how much I really liked your blog post about the Kowhai tree from New Zealand using Google Slides. It will give people who do not know much about the tree some very useful information. Thank you for sharing!"

Healthy Foods


             For my C4K #10, my child that I got to visit was named Nahea, also from the Pt England School in New Zealand. Click here to view her blog. This week, Nahea had to make a Vimeo about healthy foods and how it is good for your body. She explained that healthy foods make you big and tall in the long run, which made me smile. Then, she created a picture from her iPad of her holding a bunch of healthy foods, most likely to enhance her blog on healthy foods.

             My comment to little Nahea was: "Hello Nahea, my name is Kaitlyn Wyman and I am in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I was completely blown away that you used a video from Vimeo to explain what healthy foods are and how it affects your body in a positive way! I also enjoyed your picture that you created from your computer. I look forward to seeing some more things that you have created Nahea! Keep up the great work."


       

No comments:

Post a Comment