Monday, April 21, 2014

C4T #4 April Summary

          In this month of April, my C4T #4 was Mr. John Bernie, a middle school principal from Michigan! This is my last C4T of the year, and I want to say that the C4T experience has been very insightful to me. I appreciated every C4T assignment that we were assigned this year in EDM310.

disorganization               For my first C4T post this month, I got to comment on John Bernia's blog post! In his post, he talked about how the weather over there in Michigan where he works set back the school schedule, since they had to miss over three days of school. He talks about how frustrating it is when your schedule is set back, but when it happens, we shouldn't rush. Rushing creates sloppy work, and he does not agree with it. He said instead of rushing around getting our schedules and work back in order, we should take a step back and "be quick, but don't hurry".
                                                       
              My reply to him was as follows: "Hello Mr. Bernia! I am Kaitlyn Wyman, from the University of South Alabama. I loved your post about being quick about getting back on schedule after being out of school for a while, rather than being sloppy. There's a huge difference between being quick about things and not hurrying. You, as well as I, want the students to be completely up to date on their lessons, and not letting our disorganization due to being sloppy affect them. Thanks for sharing!"  





Moral Quotes                  For my second C4T post, I got to comment on John Bernia's blog post. In his post, he talked about the importance of making your priorities in your job not just a priority, but a lifestyle decision that should reflect your personal values and principles. For example, as a principal, he shouldn't just walk around expecting to pop into a classroom at a set schedule. Here should make the experience fun and something that should reflect the way he is as a person and principal. I loved how he was so passionate about what he was talking about and explaining.
                                        
           My comment to Mr. Bernia was: "Hello Mr. Bernia! I am Kaitlyn Wyman of Mobile, Alabama, and I am in a class called EDM310 that allows me to evaluate other teachers' and administrators' blogs from around the world. This week I picked you to be my principal that I look at and comment on! I just want to point out first that I enjoyed reading your blog, and that you are completely right about everything you mentioned! Your set values that you have completely rules over your decisions you make in school, and in other aspects of life as well. Also making certain priorities the most important thing you do requires acting and presenting the part. Thank you so much for sharing!"


No comments:

Post a Comment